Are you ready to take the next step toward a more confident smile? Check out Invisalign! These clear aligners are an alternative to braces for straightening teeth for kids, teens, and adults. Invisalign is the brand name of thin clear aligners used by our office to help our patients straighten their teeth. The aligners are made up of flexible thermoplastic material called SmartTrack. Although Invisalign aligners may not be completely invisible, these clear coverings fit tightly over the teeth and are much less noticeable than the brackets and wires of traditional braces.
• LEE NORTON
Invisalign can be used for a variety of purposes…
- Crowded teeth
- Open bite
- Some types of overbites, underbites, and crossbite issues
Steps for Invisalign treatment:
- Schedule an appointment
- At the consultation appointment, Dr. Rutledge will do a full evaluation of the mouth and use an iTero scanner for 3D imaging of the mouth, teeth, and jaw. A full x-ray of your mouth may also be required.
- Using the images taken during your appointment, Dr. Rutledge will work with Invisalign to create a plan specific to you and your teeth (with that Invisalign determines the number of trays required and how long treatment will take, as the trays slowly and gradually shift your teeth into their best positions).
- Once Dr. Rutledge is happy with the Invisalign plan, the trays will be made by Invisalign.
- When the trays come in, we will schedule an appointment for you to have your attachments placed and to begin Invisalign treatment.
- Each set of Invisalign trays is worn for 2 weeks before switching to the next set of trays.
- You will return to our office every 6-8 weeks throughout treatment to make sure the attachments haven’t moved or detached and things are moving along as expected.
- Once treatment has been completed, the attachments will be removed and retainers are made for you.
“The Springcrest group are so caring and professional every time I go to them. They explain every thing well and are so helpful. Friendly and caring people” • ILLONA MCKOWN
Questions and Answers
Q: What if I am still not happy once treatment is complete?
A: We can always do adjustments/refinements when they are needed, as we want you to be happy with the outcome and confident with your smile.
Q: What are attachments?
A: Attachments are made of a bonding material and are used by the trays to engage your teeth and to help move them to where they need to be. The attachments will be noticeable to you, as they are on your teeth and are bumpy. Most of the time, other people cannot and/or do not notice them. Once treatment is complete, these will be removed.
Q: Do the trays hurt?
A: While it is different for everyone, it is usually the most uncomfortable during the very first day of wearing your first set of trays and the first day you wear a new set of trays. We recommend you take whatever your normally take for a headache to help with this. It also helps you if you place your new set of trays in before going to bed so most of this occurs while you are sleeping.
Q: Do I have to wear the trays all day every day?
A: YES, for the best treatment outcome with the fewest adjustments/refinements, you must commit to wearing your trays 22 hours a day.
Q: Do I take them out when eating?
A: Yes, you will want to remove the trays when you eat or drink anything other than water; when you are done, floss and brush your teeth and put your trays back in. We do not want you to put your trays in without brushing after eating, as this will trap food against your teeth and can cause cavities.
Q: What is the cost?
A: Great question, please contact our office and we can discuss what is involved with Invisalign treatment, if it is a possibility for you, and options to get started with treatment today!